Christ the King Primary School has been established to cater especially for the communities immediately in the vicinity of the parish. Enrolment procedures ensure that priority is given to families who share and support the special character of our Catholic schools. A priority order will be followed that supports:
- a strong parish faith community
- Gospel priority to support those in need
- priority to religious education
- parent/school partnership and a caring community
- a strong parent group actively promoting the goals of the school
How old must a child be to enrol?
Children whose fifth birthday occurs on or before July 31 are eligible for enrolment in Kindergarten that year.
How to enrol a child?
To enrol your child you need to contact the school office and collect an enrolment package.Once this is completed, a time will be organised for you and your child to meet the Principal, Mr Tony Hughes.
When do enrolments begin?
While we accept enrolment at any time during the year, the main enrolment period is from February to May to commence the following year. Children whose fifth birthday occurs on or before July 31 are eligible for enrolment in Kindergarten that year.
What to bring when enrolling a child
Make sure you have your child's:
- record of baptism, immunisation record, passport (if from overseas)
- birth certificate or naturalisation certificate
- the name of a contact person/phone number in the case of an emergency
Ask the principal if any other documents are needed.
What do children need to bring on their first day at primary school?
Most schools hold an information session for parents and an orientation for Kindergarten students prior to the children starting school. Student requirements are explained at the parent information sessions.
For any further enquiries about school enrolments please contact us on the details to the right.